A global commitment to act now
Climate Week NYC, taking place 17-24 September, steps onto the global stage as a pivotal gathering, which we are proud, once again, to support. Working in tandem with Non-Party Stakeholders (NPS), we continue to seek to raise ambition and spur climate action.
NPS, with their deep-rooted commitment and ground-breaking initiatives, have emerged as central figures in the climate conversation. Their collaborative efforts with governments and the broader climate community will be in the spotlight, echoing the core message of the event’s theme, “We Can. We Will.”
New York City, as always, stands as a beacon of change and innovation. With the city’s diverse tapestry of events, both in-person and online, Climate Week NYC promises to be an incubator for transformative ideas, brought to life by business magnates, political leaders, and civil society advocates.
Our core objectives for the week:
- Measuring Progress: Recognizing the joint efforts of NPS and governments towards 2030 decarbonization goals, with an emphasis on the need for further action.
- Adaptation and Resilience: Celebrating milestones since the Sharm El Sheikh Adaptation Agenda’s inception, focusing on Adaptation action across systems, Finance and Loss and Damage, with leadership from Race to Resilience.
- Investing in Nature: Showcasing the invaluable role of nature in our climate goals, from halting deforestation to revolutionizing food systems.
- Net Zero Leadership: Highlighting the pivotal role NPS play in driving policy and regulation as part of the Race to Zero.
- Empowerment and Inclusion: Prioritizing the engagement of women and Indigenous communities, ensuring their voices are amplified and resources flow abundantly.
From its emerging green sectors to its commitment to inclusivity, Climate Week NYC invites you to be part of a journey that shapes not only the city’s but the world’s cleaner, fairer and resilient future.
EventsFind out more
From the virtual launch of the Breakthrough Agenda Report to closed-door discussions on integrating Indigenous values and knowledge systems, Climate Week NYC 2023 promises to be a whirlwind of transformational dialogues and actionable insights.
Anchored at esteemed venues like the UNHQ, Convene, and Columbia University, the events are set to underscore the imperative of scaling up climate finance, spotlighting pioneering strategies in the private sector’s alignment with net zero and nature-positive goals, and galvanizing global alignment on regulations.
With a blend of inclusive roundtables, exclusive committee meetings, and strategic workshops, the week is poised to champion tangible solutions, foster unprecedented collaborations, and shape the global climate narrative leading up to COP28.Agenda
Manhattan debuts ambitious coastal protection blueprint
Led by Race to Resilience partner, ICIS, the East Side Coastal Resiliency (ESCR) Project is a coastal protection initiative aimed at reducing flood risk due to coastal storms and sea level rise on Manhattan’s East Side.READ MORE
How innovative insurance solutions are protecting Mesoamerican reefs and communities
Using innovative insurance solutions, Willis Towers Watson and the Mesoamerican Reef Fund are helping to safeguard the Mesoamerican Reef and local communities from climate threats, setting a precedent in resilience-building.READ MORE
Redefining corporate responsibility: Major companies push for a net zero nature-positive world
Discover some of the initiatives undertaken by Race to Zero members, Salesforce, Unilever, L’Oréal, Microsoft, and Nike, as they strive towards a net zero, nature-positive, world.READ MORE
Interface: What nature can teach us about sustainable business
Race to Zero member, Interface, a global commercial flooring company specializing in carbon negative carpet tiles and resilient flooring, shares how the company looks to nature to inspire innovative solutions to make business more sustainable.READ MORE