About our Accelerators
Race to Zero has already grown to 12,000+ members over two years, but we can do more to implement and accelerate climate action.
Initiatives and networks may wish to support the Race to Zero as Accelerators.
— Build support for the campaign and encourage non-state actors to join the net zero movement,
— Create an enabling environment for net zero implementation,
— Enhance the capacity of non-state actors in underrepresented regions,
— Onboard new members into the Race.
The benefits of joining as an Accelerator include:
— Regular (monthly) exchanges with a like-minded community of climate change-makers, to gain insights on net zero;
— Opportunities for you (or your members) to be spotlighted at events or through our communication channels;
— External engagement support, aligned with halving emissions by 2030, and use of a ‘Race to Zero Accelerator’ logo;
— Insight into the Climate Champions’ agenda, and to contribute to international publications and progress on net zero.
Accelerators will commit to align with Race to Zero’s criteria; accelerate membership; share knowledge and host events; engage with the Race to Zero team and enhance diversity, across regions and sectors.
For sector-specific Accelerators, we welcome your support towards achieving the Climate Champions’ Breakthroughs.
We are thrilled to recognise Accelerators as the following initiatives
- Confederation of British Industry – CBI is a not-for-profit membership organisation that speaks on behalf of thousands of UK businesses in the belief that business has the power to do good.
- GSMA – The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with almost 400 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors.
- UK Green Building Council – UKGBC’s mission is to radically improve the sustainability of the built environment by transforming the way it is planned, designed, constructed, maintained, and operated. A charity with over 700 member organisations spanning the entire sector value chain, UKGBC represents the voice of the industry’s current and future leaders who are striving for transformational change.
- Corporate Leaders Group – The Corporate Leaders Groups’ members seek to share experiences with policymakers and business to promote ambitious and practical outcomes which: help achieve the goal of net zero emissions in the UK and Europe by 2050 at the latest; ensure cumulative global carbon emissions do not exceed one trillion tonnes; and build an economy that supports and enables the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Alliances for Climate Action – ACA is a network of multistakeholder national alliances of sub-national and non-state actors (companies, investors, subnational govts, academia, civil society, and others) dedicated to driving ambitious climate action, increasing public support for addressing the climate crisis, and engaging national governments to accelerate a 1.5C and inclusive net zero future.
- Sustainable Healthcare Coalition – The Sustainable Healthcare Coalition is a healthcare sector led group that looks for the greatest opportunities to inspire sustainable practices in healthcare through the collaboration of its members.
- Bankers for Net Zero – Bankers for Net Zero is an initiative bringing together banks, businesses and regulators to enable banks to successfully support their clients, accelerate the transition to net zero and deliver on the UK government’s ambitions for addressing climate change.
- Community Impact Challenge (CIC) – CIC is an INSEAD alumni-led initiative launched globally in December 2019, which brings together the passion and actions of a growing network of volunteers and supporters to mobilise the business community with concrete actions to create a positive impact, aligned with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- edie – edie is the industry-leading, purpose-driven business media brand which empowers sustainability, energy and environmental professionals of all levels to make business more sustainable through award-winning content and events.
- Association of British Insurers – the Association of British Insurers is the voice of the UK’s world-leading insurance and long-term savings industry. The industry supports towns and cities across Britain in building back a balanced and innovative economy, employing over 310,000 individuals in high-skilled, lifelong careers, two-thirds of which are outside of London.
- Climate Action for Associations (CAFA) – CAFA’s mission is to harness the collective power and influence of whole sectors, systems and professions to support a sustainable economy, by helping all membership organisations to implement climate action and sustainability programmes internally, and deliver climate action and sustainability support to members.
- Positive Impact Events – Positive Impact Events is a not-for-profit, which exists to create a sustainable event sector through collaboration, engagement and education. Positive Impact has a global community of over 1600 event sector ambassadors who commit to using their voices to champion sustainable events.
- The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) – CGF is a unique CEO-led organization that helps the world’s retailers and consumer goods manufacturers to collaborate, alongside other key stakeholders, to secure consumer trust and drive positive change in key areas like environmental and social sustainability, health, food safety and across the value chain.
- The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) – ITI is the premier global advocate for technology, representing the world’s most innovative companies, including makers of hardware, software, services, and related industries. ITI promotes public policies and industry standards that advance competition, innovation, and sustainability worldwide.
- The Net Zero Lawyers Alliance (NZLA) – NZLA mobilizes commercial law firms, lawyers and law, to accelerate the transition to net zero through ambitious law firm science based targets, monitoring and reporting, capacity building to ensure the provision of net zero aligned legal services to clients, and coordinated working groups and projects to resolve systemic challenges in the operating framework of international commercial law. The NZLA currently encompasses more than 100,000 lawyers across 40+ jurisdictions.
- Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA) – Representing 80% of the world’s concrete industry outside of China, the GCCA’s mission is to position concrete to meet the world’s needs for a material that can build and support growing, modern, sustainable and resilient communities through our Roadmap to Net Zero. Their vision sees a world where concrete supports global sustainable economic, social and environmental development priorities; and where it is valued as an essential material to deliver a sustainable future for the built environment.
- Net Zero Pakistan (NZP) – NZP is an unprecedented collaboration between companies, public institutions, and sectoral experts for Pakistan to achieve net zero by 2050. The coalition comprises of leading private sector companies, contributing 15-20% of national exports, and is growing rapidly as it establishes the decarbonisation roadmap for Pakistan’s private sector.
- Aldersgate Group – Aldersgate Group is a UK-based politically impartial, multi-stakeholder alliance championing a prosperous, net zero emissions, environmentally sustainable economy. The Group’s members include some of the largest businesses in the UK with a collective global turnover of over £550bn, as well as leading NGOs, professional institutes and academic institutions.
- Business in the Community (BITC) – BITC formed in 1982 with HRH the Prince of Wales as their Founding Patron, is a network of 600+ business members dedicated to responsible business. BITC’s Climate Action campaign is leading a movement to create a fair and inclusive transition to a net-zero, resilient future where people and nature thrive, by using our 7 steps for climate action to design and deliver ‘just transition’ plans with diverse stakeholders. .
- Institute of International Finance (IIF) – IIF is the global association of the financial industry, with about 400 members from more than 60 countries. Its mission is to support the financial industry in the prudent management of risks; to develop sound industry practices; and to advocate for regulatory, financial and economic policies that are in the broad interests of its members and foster global financial stability and sustainable economic growth.
- ANDESS – The mission of the water utilities association ANDESS (Asociación Nacional de Empresas de Servicios Sanitarios A.G) comprises the representation of the water utilities industry and its relationship with Chile’s economic development and environmental protection. Currently, the association provides drinking water and wastewater treatment services to over 15 million inhabitants of Chile.
- The Climate Pledge is a commitment to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2040. It brings the world’s top companies together to accelerate joint action, cross-sector collaboration, and responsible change.
- Water UK works with companies to help ensure that customers receive high quality tap water at a reasonable price and that our environment is protected and improved.
- The B Corp Climate Collective exists to demonstrate the collective power of B Corps to create an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economic system for all people and the planet. It is committed to taking bold and urgent action on climate, using advocacy, collaboration, and corporate action to stop emissions, drawdown carbon, and build just and inclusive companies and communities is a multi-stakeholder platform to ambitiously implement the Paris Agreement in Spain. The initiative’s driving group includes representatives from three key sectors: public administrations, businesses and citizens. Comunidad #PorElClima seeks to consolidate climate action in Spain among companies, public administrations, NGOs, the media, universities, businesses and individuals by focusing on sectoral and concrete actions throughout the idea of community.
Giki is a B Corp Social Enterprise that helps you learn what you can do for the planet and take steps to reduce your carbon footprint. Giki works with everyone from small businesses through to global companies. Each organisation uses Giki’s science-based platform, and our comprehensive engagement programme, to help employees build sustainable behaviours.
Digizen is an innovative NGO based in Taiwan. They facilitate connections across society and industry to achieve ESG and net zero goals. Digizen offers professional training programmes, summits and more – working closely with cities and businesses to raise awareness on climate action and sustainability.
Comunidad #PorElClima is a multi-stakeholder platform to ambitiously implement the Paris Agreement in Spain. The initiative’s driving group includes representatives from three key sectors: public administrations, businesses and citizens. Comunidad #PorElClima seeks to consolidate climate action in Spain among companies, public administrations, NGOs, the media, universities, businesses and individuals by focusing on sectoral and concrete actions throughout the idea of community.
Environmental Defense Fund’s Net Zero Action Accelerator (EDF NZAA) turns corporate pledges into climate action. Bringing cutting-edge science, policy, and economic expertise, the organization arms leading companies and their value chains with the resources and capacity to act on their net zero goals.
- Corporate Leaders Group (CLG) Chile is a cross-sector business membership group that provides a strong voice to support Chilean leadership, nationally and internationally, for the transition to a climate neutral, nature positive and socially inclusive economy.
- The Surpluss is a B2B climate-tech operator with more than 400 members in the UAE that drives the net zero transition by assisting companies to reduce the intensity of their industrial processes by reducing greenhouse gas emissions through resource sharing and industrial symbiosis cluster formation. The Surpluss aims to transform excess into equal access, empowering communities and reshaping the future of business, one synergy at a time.
- The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global community of 200+ leading businesses driving systems transformation for a better world in which 9+ billion people can live well, within planetary boundaries, by mid-century. Together, we tackle three pressing, interconnected challenges our world faces: the climate emergency, the loss of nature and mounting inequality.
- KADIN Net Zero Hub connects Indonesian companies with the global net-zero movement, offering tools, resources, and guidance to kickstart their journey towards net zero. KADIN are an independent, private sector-led body, who is fostering the network for capacity building and collaboration for companies in Indonesia with regional and global stakeholders to achieve net zero emission in Indonesia.