The Resilience Hub: Showcasing resilience solutions everyday
By Resilience Rising | November 10, 2022
Throughout COP27, the Resilience Hub has been delivering on its mandate to elevate the knowledge of front line leaders and demonstrate locally-informed resilience solutions which can be implemented at scale.
Resilience Day is no different:
Today, the Resilience Hub and Race to Resilience Partners will showcase:
- How the implementation of nature-based solutions (NbS) in coastal ecosystems has positively impacted vulnerable coastal communities and small-scale fishers while simultaneously supporting governments across all levels to implement and scale Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) strategies (09:00-10:15am)
- Existing, scalable, programs that strengthen the climate resilience and economic viability of the food supply chain while also improving the livelihoods of small-scale farmers, especially through early-warning systems
- Advancements in resilience measuring tools across different geographies
- How to build the resilience of cities to extreme weather events and avert climate-induced conflict
- How to scale locally-led adaptation for small-holder farmers by connecting the entire financial value chain, creating more resilient livelihoods and food systems.
The full agenda is here.
All sessions are open to attendees in-person in the Resilience Hub, Blue Zone, Area C and to participate virtually. Register here
Arsht-Rock launch the Cool Capital Stack the first investment pipeline dedicated to scaling investment in cooling solutions to protect people, communities, and local economies from extreme heat. To take on the “silent killer” of extreme heat, the projects will include both passive and mechanical cooling solutions, and new technologies that protect lives and livelihoods, promote health risk reduction, and increase resilience to the impacts of extreme heat.
The Resilience Hub held the final convenings of its Regional Resilience Hubs programme which saw the Resilience Hub and partners from Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, South Asia and the Asia-Pacific organised a programme of Regional Resilience Hubs in the run up to COP, bringing together local leaders, experts and resilience practitioners to identify the solutions, challenges and calls to action from their region to be elevated at COP. Learn the key outcomes here
Resilience Rising, in partnership with the UN Climate Change High Level Champions, Arup, Lloyd’s Register Group and Lloyd’s Register Foundation, will be launching Ports as a Gateway for Maritime Resilience, as part of the Maritime Resilience Breakthroughs, putting resilience on an equal footing with mitigation in the maritime sector.
The event will launch Resilience4Ports, a new Resilience Rising Innovation Lab, which taps into its global consortium of policymakers, engineers, businesses, financiers and infrastructure owners and operators, to achieve these breakthroughs for ports and port communities. Join here.