Join the Race to Zero
By Climate Champions | December 13, 2021
Race to Zero is the UN-backed global campaign rallying non-state actors – including companies, cities, regions, financial and educational institutions – to take rigorous and immediate action to halve global emissions by 2030 and deliver a healthier, fairer zero carbon world before it’s too late.
All members are committed to the same overarching goal: reducing emissions across all scopes swiftly and fairly in line with the Paris Agreement, with transparent action plans and robust near-term targets.
Led by the High-Level Climate Champions for Climate Action, Race To Zero mobilizes actors outside of national governments to join the Climate Ambition Alliance, which was launched at the UNSG’s Climate Action Summit 2019 by the President of Chile, Sebastián Piñera.
It mobilizes a coalition of leading net zero initiatives, currently representing 67 regions, 1049 cities, 5,235 companies, 1039 educational institutions, 441 financial institutions and over 3,000 hospitals from 52 healthcare institutions.
All actors must meet stringent criteria which will bring them to the starting line to credibly race to zero emissions. These ‘real economy’ actors join 120 countries in the largest ever alliance committed to halving emissions by 2030 and achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050 at the latest.
- Your climate commitments and action efforts will be recognised as credible and science-based, supported by the UN;
- You will be supported in setting, implementing and achieving your targets;
- You will join a community of members spanning regions and sectors, with whom to share tools and knowledge;
- You will have access to powerful communications material and play a part in the run up to and at COP27;
- You will actively play a role in 2022 as the most decisive year in climate action history.
To find out more, click here.