As part of the Youth Fellowship programme, the new fellows will help mobilise climate action amongst non-state actors to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement, in close collaboration with the UNFCCC, the Marrakech Partnership and the COP Presidencies.
Japan “Race to Zero” Business Roundtable 2.09 September 2021, 4.00-5.30 pm JST
On 9 September 2021, 4.00-5.30 pm JST, the United Nations COP26 High-Level Champion for Climate Action, Nigel Topping, together with the UK’s Ambassador to Japan, HMA Julia Longbottom CMG, will convene senior Japanese and international business leaders for a roundtable event, to showcase Japanese business climate leadership and accelerating momentum in the pursuit of the “Race to Zero”, the flagship campaign for mobilizing non-state actors to pursue net zero emissions by 2050 at the very latest in the run up to the COP26 UN Climate Summit in Glasgow later this year.
Following a successful first round table on 19 April 2021, this Roundtable 2.0 will focus on recent developments in the power generation and automotive sectors, where Japanese companies are stepping forward with greater purpose than ever before. While direct participation in the Roundtable is by invitation only, the event will be available for viewing online via Zoom following registration here. Simultaneous Japanese / English translation will be available throughout the session, which will be recorded for later viewing.
- Nigel Topping, UN High Level Climate Champion for COP26
- HMA Julia Longbottom CMG, British Embassy Tokyo
- Mr Alastair Philips-Davies, CEO, SSE (a COP26 Principal Partner)
- Mr Satoshi Onoda, President, JERA
- Ms Lindsay McQuade, CEO, Scottish Power Renewables (a COP26 Principal Partner)
- Mr Kazumichi Matsumoto, General Manager, Corporate Planning Division, Kyushu Electric Power
- Mr Craig Dyke, Head of International Decarbonisation, National Grid (a COP26 Principal Partner)
- Mr Makoto Uchida, CEO, Nissan Motor Co.
- Mr Stuart Templar, Director, Global Sustainability, Volvo Cars
From bustling urban landscapes of the U.S., to vibrant communities in Mexico, Brazil, Germany, and beyond, discover the ambitious initiatives undertaken by cities in the Race to Zero campaign under Cities Race to Zero.
With five months until COP28, UN Climate Change High-Level Champion from the COP28 Presidency, H.E Razan Khalifa Al Mubarak has told stakeholders at an event in Dubai on Monday they must promote collective climate action.
The UN Climate Change High-Level Champions and the Dubai Chambers invite you to an event aimed at mobilising climate action in the UAE ahead of COP28.